Sunday, September 24, 2017

WallagerJenipherBlogPostFourDeathNoteBegining



            I feel as if I am getting a hang of how to read a graphic novel pretty well and the backwards reading kind of gets me a little bit, but not too bad. So, for the beginning of the book, I admit that I did not understand what it was about at all. Though, shortly after reading just a few pages, I started to comprehend what the book Death Note was about. Ryuk intentionally dropped his death note book on earth for someone to find, which obviously he is trying to see what trouble will become of it. I was wondering though, when in the book it says, “…sets off an all-out battle between two chosen people,” and then later in the book Ryuk says, “Don’t flatter your-self, all I did was drop the book, that’s all.” Little confused as to why it said chosen people in the beginning, but later Ryuk was saying that Light Yagami was not chosen. Also, I found it interesting that Ryuk mentioned that no one has ever wrote so many names in the death note within just five days before. If Light is supposed to be this great person with straight A’s, then why was Light so amped to actually see Ryuk? Plus, how Light was thinking that it was sick that everyone was into that kind of crap, as Yagami mentioned. Then why did it seem like the very next day he had written an immense number of names in the book, was not surprised to see Ryuk, and that Light was waiting for Ryuk to show up? Seems to me that Light has a way more darker side then even he himself realizes.
            Personally, I do not think that Light Yagami actually thought the death note book was stupid or fake. I feel as if he knew it was real, just by the way he had acted with the very first encounter he had with Ryuk. Light seemed to be excited, as well as a bit in awe, like he was star struck. Yet, there is a lot more of the book to read, so I guess we will see what happens next, and if Light is actually as bad as I had thought.

2 comments:

  1. I am on the same page as you, about trying to understand reading the manga. I definitely got the hang of it pretty fast though. I was also a bit confused about the part where Ryuk says he just "dropped" the notebook. I think it may mean that Light was chosen, just not by Ryuk. I see Light as a very dark and psychotic individual, but I think it really makes sense for his character. He is such a perfect straight A student, something has to go wrong somewhere. I feel like somehow Light previously knew about the Death Note too because he wasn't too surprised about anything that came up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light tests the notebook on multiple occasions and he seems surprised each time he tries something new. Light may have some previous knowledge but he doesn't know everything and he continues to learn from the book and Ryuk. I'm wondering if Light's grades will suffer from his new responsibilities and the pressure he puts himself under. Ryuk never seems to be telling the whole truth so he might have purposely chosen Light. Light is very smart he will find his way around the death notebook eventually. Just wondering if L the investigator is smarter.

    ReplyDelete

WallagerJenipherBlogPostVisionFinal

            Well, the last section of the novel was more exciting than the entire rest of the book and it was not terrible for me to read, ...