So,
I am not going to lie because that is one thing I literally hate, and honesty
is always the way to go anyways. But, I am not really into this book that much,
though it is at least interesting enough for me to still read and pay attention
to it. Plus, what helps me is that I have to know the ending, and not just to
books everything, even a sentence. Kind of like the episode from The Big Bang
Theory, where Amy tries help Sheldon with not having to finish things, (which
is one of my favorite episodes). Anyways, more about the story and less about me.
Well, I feel as if I was right in
thinking that Light is bad as I had thought, maybe even a little more than I
had thought. With the pictures in the panels, Lights faces are definitely
showing how much he actually gets out of having the power, the god complex. I
found it interesting that on page 292 that Light gives the meaning of his name,
he says, “I’m Light Yagami. You write the kanji for ‘Moon’ and read it light,
unusual, isn’t it? And Yagami is written with the kanji for ‘Night and God’.”
Which when you put them all together it has the name of Moon Night God,
interesting right? As for how light acts in the book, the meaning of the name
really fits to how he is literally acting in the book. Plus, when I think of moon and
night, I think of obviously more dark, sinister and mysterious. Something to
think about maybe, I know I have.
Now, I have finally been introduced
to L, and I can tell you that I was really surprised after reading/seeing how
he was in person. I did not expect that at all, he kind of reminds me of a
three-year-old, by the looks of the panels that L is in. I keep imagining him
to be kind of scattered, absent minded, and just quite odd or awkward. Though,
a very intellect three-year-old. I can see him fidgeting a lot and getting side
tracked with things easily. Figure 1 shows how L/Ryuzaki gives off an
impression of childish behavior, and an impression of being akward.
Fig. 1. Obata, Takeshi (2003), [photograph]. From Takeshi Obata (pg. 267), by Tsugumi Ohba, 2003, Death Note: Black Edition.
Furthermore, this could be the reason why
he is so smart, and can solve all of the harder cases that the NPA cannot solve
themselves. Maybe the fact that he was considered awkward growing up, that he
just started to mess around the computer all the time or just study anything
and everything he could because he did not want to interact with people, just a
thought. So, I do not start rambling about nothing, I can see that it is
getting a little long, so this is where I will end it, for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment