Friday, October 20, 2017

WallagerJenipherBlogPostHeroinSecond


            First off, on page 205, Nikki says, “Showering was a luxury that myself, Mick and Tommy normally regarded as a nuisance, not a perk.” I know it had mentioned that hygiene is the first to go but six days and in other spots Nikki says over a week, I could not even imagine. Especially with their life style and going around sleeping with who knows how many random people, I honestly could not even image what they actually smelled like or who would sleep with them having all those other “smells” on them. Well, maybe I could, I guess if they took enough drugs and drank enough that maybe the smells wouldn’t matter because they did not notice? Not sure about that though.

            On another note, I am astonished that someone was actually trying to sue Motley Crue because he lost his hearing after going to one of their concerts. On page 220, Nikki says, “we’re getting sued by some fucker who said he lost his hearing at our concert a while back.” Now, is this guy for real? It mentioned from a while back, why would the guy not bring it up right when he apparently lost his hearing and why go to a concert like the ones they throw, a rock concert at that. What did the dude expect, soft mellow violin music that floated through the crowd ever so lightly as if it was being whispered heavenly in everyone ears? Come on now.

Anyways, on a more serious view, on page 299 Nikki wrote, “P.S. I should be the happiest man in the world.” Just reading those words, you know there is something deep inside a person that is extremely unhappy. I feel just because you may think you have everything you ever wanted that that does not mean you are literally going to be happy. A lot of people hide themselves in order to pretend to smile and living the life of a rock ‘n’ rock individual could be beyond stressful, beyond lonely (even though surrounded by people all the time), and beyond out of control (in metal status). Depression is a very serious disease and Nikki sure had it bad.

Throughout this reading, while Nikki writes in his journal, he talks about how he hates being on the road or on tour, and cannot wait to be back at home. Then when he is at home he is good for a short period, going back to how he hates being home and cannot wait to get back out there on the road. I think he was very confused most of the time along with his depression and there was just no one to help guide him in any direction, so he made his own directions. Which as we can see were very distrustful ones, physically and mentally.

Last thing, I just wanted to get my feelings out there about their use to be manager Doc Mcghee and that is that he is a big old douche bag. Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. It is very easy to say, "get your life together" or "clean yourself up" this was my initial thought on Nikki's life. Upon reading more I discovered Nikki is truly struggling and required attention. Understanding someone's situation is crucial in making a judgement on a person's life. Heroin Diaries is a prime example of this lesson and has taught me. This understanding can lead to wanting the best for Nikki's life. Nikki can be a real jerk, but wants the best for himself and others he can relate to. Doc Mcghee tried, but was unable to fill the bands vision. He might of had the toughest job in the world dealing with Motley Crue.

    ReplyDelete

WallagerJenipherBlogPostVisionFinal

            Well, the last section of the novel was more exciting than the entire rest of the book and it was not terrible for me to read, ...