The second reading assignment in the book “Ready
Player One,” is getting pretty intense for Wade, and for me. I admit that it
took me a while to get into this book, but now I honestly am and I have even
read a little beyond the assigned reading. Which for me, is very rare and unlikely
for me to do so. I now have a better understanding of how the book was wrote,
or at least gave it a real chance and I am glad that I did. I finally started comprehending
the reading more and that is when I started to get interested in what was going
to happen next. As in, when Wade finally decides to read the email from the
"Sixers," who are clearly people who act ignorant, full of themselves, and like
to cheat. I had a feeling that when Wade had set up the meeting with Nolan Sorrento,
that it was be a bad idea. Though, I did not actually think that what Nolan said was going to happen, would actually happened, and that is detonating a trigger to blow up the “tracks” where Wade had
lived. Luckily, Wade was not actually at the tracks and was out at his secret hideout, the old cargo van. But then, as I was thinking about it, I could actually see people doing
something like that to gain any type of power, money, or both. That is how some
people are today in this world, so why not in the world that Wade had lived in. Plus, the reward that
would be given would be life changing and in this book, most anyone’s life would get a better with the reward. Money does make the world go
around and I do not care who you are, if someone says that money cannot by
happiness then they are wrong. Now, I do understand that if the only thing in
the world that you had was money and nothing else, then yeah maybe it would
not. But, for the vast majority, it can, one way or another. Additionally, I feel
as if Art3mis is somehow pushing her way at Wade, only to get farther in
the game and to find the egg. Maybe I am wrong, but I still cannot figure out how she
is always only one step behind Wade with every single task that is to be played. Plus, Wade said that he has
not given any kind of hints what so ever to anyone. Yet, in the email that
Art3mis had sent to him, she says, “Thanks for the tip about playing on the
left side.” Furthermore, In Wade's reply back to Art3mis, he says, " You're welcome for the tip about playing on the left." It is as if she has planned everything all along and knowing that Wade
would think that she is flirting with him as well, just to get close to him. All the while, Art3mis knowing Wade
would help her, I think she is bad news.
When you wrote about Art3mis being one step behind Wade every time, I have to say I disagree. To me, it seems like Art3mis is Wade's equal. She found the Tomb of Horrors first, but it took her three weeks to beat the Lich at Joust. And Wade, who found the Tomb three weeks after Art3mis, beat the Lich on his first try. This to me makes me feel like they are equally skilled at different things, kind of like partners. Where one has a weakness the other excels. One thing I did agree with you on though is your idea that Art3mis might be getting close to Wade to try and use him and find the Egg. I feel that her goal, just like Wade's, is to find the Egg first no matter what. The only difference between her and Wade is that Wade has a cyber-crush on her.
ReplyDeleteI also don't like reading, but like you I found myself reading ahead in the novel. This book is easier to connect with because of all the oldies content. With all of that combined with Wade's dangerous adventures this is a must read. Secondly Art3mis and Wade are totally individual gunters. They are equally invested into finding Halliday's egg, which is why they have an immediate connection. This connection I feel is genuine both Art3mis and Wade like each other. They will find their ways back together once this contest is over because of this competition and the magnitude behide it.
ReplyDelete