Sunday, November 5, 2017

WallagerJenipherBlogPostVision



            My first thought about reading this book was that I was going to like it, since I like fantasy. The unknown does not mean it is not real, in any way shape or form. New discoveries are made all the time and who is to know what is real and what is not. No one even knows how big the universe or what is beyond what the human eye can see, or technology can see. Just because something cannot be seen does not mean it is not there. Don’t you think?
            I will admit when I first started reading the book, I was confused about who was who or what was what, even with the help the book gives before the initial reading begins. For example, I thought Meg Corbyn was a wolf until it was said in class that she was a human. The way the characters talk in the book is what made me conclude that Meg was a wolf. On page 6, it says, “Meg sat on the closed toilet seat and waited for Merri Lee, the human friend who was learning to work as her listener and interpreter,” and on page 52, it says, “And while he waited for Blair to bring over a vehicle from the Utilities Complex, he could find out what Meg and her pack were doing with the camera.” It is just little sentences like these throughout the book so far that made me think she was not a human, but a wolf.
            So far, I do like this book and already it has many mysterious events taking place, making my mind wonder about what is to come next. Not knowing leads people to think and wonder, keeping their minds going and active. Also, the book relates to our society as well in ways, by the power of having power, how some people think they can take over something by force, with some succeeding and that there are a variety of ways to have relationships such as being together, friendships, and business relationships. I am excited to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WallagerJenipherBlogPostVisionFinal

            Well, the last section of the novel was more exciting than the entire rest of the book and it was not terrible for me to read, ...